The Power of Promos
The next time you’re organizing your desk, take notice of all the items with a company logo, including yours and others. Between pens, phone chargers and sticky notes, promotional items are ever-present heavy hitters in the advertising world. This stat may encourage you to put serious thought into your company’s next selections: 83% of consumers said they are more likely to do business with brands from which they received promo products over other brands, according to a 2017 Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) consumer study.
The right items for the right audience can grab attention and build brand loyalty. Here are some easy opportunities to leverage promotional products:
- Office apparel – A great way to ensure that your staff has a cohesive look is by offering a team uniform with your logo. This could be an anti-wrinkle button down shirt or a durable shop shirt with moisture wicking capabilities. If you’re in a traditional office setting, allowing employees to wear a branded polo or fleece instead of their business attire is a nice perk.
- Employee welcome kit – Instill company pride from day one with a welcome gift for all new employees. A customized water bottle, notebook and pen are nice reminders of how much the company values their brand.
- Tradeshows – Chances are you’re no stranger to tradeshows and all the item giveaways that come along with the territory. Attendees visit hundreds of booths collecting trinkets, but you want people to remember you long after they return home and to their office. Choose a promotional item that is functional to increase the odds of people actually hanging on to it. 85% of people keep a promo product if it is useful to have, according to PPAI. Think tote bags, caps, pens and golf balls.
- Corporate parties and volunteer activities – Does your company throw a summer party or participate in volunteer events throughout the year? Take the opportunity to showcase your company during these public events by providing logo tees. Just think of all the impressions your brand will get.
- Team gifts – Winter hats and gloves, duffel bags and coffee mugs featuring your logo make perfect anniversary and recognition gifts for your team. When they take that bag to the gym or hat to the park, they instantly become brand ambassadors.
- Client giveaways – For vendors and potential partners, what better leave behind than your business card in the form of a tumbler or flash drive. That way, you are top of mind whenever they might be looking for new business ventures.
Don’t underestimate the value of a quality promotional item. Eight in 10 consumers’ impression of a brand was positively changed as a direct result of receiving a promotional product from that brand. Use promotional products to keep your brand front and center with current and potential customers.
PEOPLE YOU CAN COUNT ON®
Learn how we make your life easier with brand-building solutions to keep your employees and facilities looking their best.